Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Activities and Videos

I strongly believe that each of these different activities will help accomodate all of the different learning styles in the classroom. I have attended numerous workshops and learned a lot about all of these different technology applications, however, due to my lack of technology expertise and the lack of funding at our school, I have not had the opportunities to implement these activities into the classroom. I LOVE the animoto activites. What a great way to make learning fun and entertaining for both the students creating it, and the audiences. I also believe that these activities can help boost students' understanding about concepts being taught, because of the hands on approaches that they are using to create these customized projects. I think that the collaboration aspect is easily identifiable throughout each of these activities. Each one could help students learn how to work with one another and how to encourage each other. I also believ that these actitities could help students learn how to take responsibility for their own work and their role as a participant in a collaborative wiki, blog, animoto video, etc. Throughout each of these activities, the multiple intelligences are being recognized and students are provided with numerous opportunities to think outside of the box and think creatively. The opportunities for exploration are key, in helping students become confident and successful learners.

https://www.google.com/search?
Not only are these projects and activities good for students to take part in, but they are also helpful for teachers to reference and borrow ideas from other teachers around the world. I am very excited to learn more about ways to implement these types of projects into my classroom, as I have a very diverse classroom this year, with lots of clashing personalities. I feel that being able to implement a technology activity using digital storytelling or animoto, using voice threads or imovie, could help the students get more excited about learning new material!

2 comments:

  1. I also believe that by using storytelling tools and other tools, students do become responsible in their own learning. Students also seem to become more engaged in the content when they are using technology. I also love the idea of sharing ideas with other teachers. I also believe that even when we hear a tool being used in a different grade level then ours, most of the time it can be easily tweeked to fit our level of teaching. The versality of the technology is what is so neat. And I hear ya on the lack of funding for technology. Even when you have access to technology it may not be the best or be up-to-date which can slow things down. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using tools such as Animoto in the class can really spark student’s attention. It has music, photos, action. It’s a great hook to lesson or an introduction to a new topic. I used Animoto to create a vocabulary lesson. It was good, but to be honest, I wasn’t impressed. It was easy to use, the templates were great, and the selection of music was ok. What I didn’t like was that it had to be published and sent to you an email before you can view the whole thing. Then, if you don’t like it you have to fix it and resubmit it. Photostory is much easier.

    However, many school districts dont have the privilege of using animoto. Some dont even have a SMARTBOARD. Technology brings things to life, but accessing it or not being up to date, like Kate mentioned above, can put a damper on things.

    ReplyDelete