Thursday, April 19, 2012

Literacy project

We have one last project for this class and I am actually very excited about completing it. Originally, Michelle and I were going to complete a wiki because we are both reading Charlotte's Web with our classes and we thought that having them work together again to complete a wiki would be a neat way to get them working collaboratively and talking about what they have been reading. After last class, we were told it may be easier to do something less intense, so we both decided to do vomits with our classes. I actually thought it might be really cool to have my students do vokis as the main characters in Charlotte's Web. I have never completed a voki before, but I thought that having the students create these would be a great way to bring the reading of the book to a conclusion and this activity would help the students complete a project identifying character traits and motivations of the main characters. Any ideas?? What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. I sent Michelle an example of how one teacher organized a group of class Vokis. Ask her to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed out loud at this: we both decided to do vomits with our classes.

    ohh, autocorrect! I think this is a great idea, though, because they can totally run with choosing the avatar! Lovely application of the tool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great idea! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just tried making a Voki for the first time and I can see where this would be an engaging activity for students. I wish the allowed talking time was longer though. Are you doing anything else to accompany the creation of a Voki or is this there only requirement to wrap up the book?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Students have been working on a novel folder that goes along with the book, so that is also a project that they will have finished as well. In addition, they have been working on developing detailed character trait flipbooks. We will be going to see the play next Friday, so the very last project that they will work on is comparing and contrasting the book to the play.

    ReplyDelete