Monday, April 30, 2012

Vokis

Hi all! My students worked really hard the past few weeks on their vokis. We just finished Reading Charlotte's Web and they were so excited when I told them about their culminating project for the book. In centers for the past couple of weeks I introduced vokis to the class and we revisited character traits and motivations. Students created a voki about one of the main characters in the story, and boy did they have fun customizing their vokis. They were engaged and so excited about completing the activity. Last week, I tried embedding my vokis into my blog so that you could all see what a wonderful job they did on them, but unfortunately it would not let me. I turned to Michelle to help me troubleshoot it but she could not figure it out either. After an hour of trying to do it last week and an hour of trying this week, I decided that it's just not going to work. :-( on Thursday, I will be able to showcase my students' work through my voki account and hopefully you will all enjoy their vokis as much as they did and I did as well. I also used this project as an editing and revising exercise. The students were encouraged to edit and revise as much as they could using tools in the classroom. I also had the students peer review each others work. Overall they enjoyed the assignment.

1 comment:

  1. Very cleaver idea! I read Charlotte's Web to my students at the beginning of the year as a read aloud. Would you be interested in sharing your Vokis with me? I would like to share them with my class as a way to introduce using Voki. I think it would be beneficial and meaningful since they read Charlotte's Web and it would be great for them to see other students work!

    ReplyDelete